Mission and Aims
Our academic and pastoral mission is for our pupils, families and staff to seek excellence, nurture relationships and venture beyond.
As a financially secure, administratively efficient organisation, we seek to fulfil our mission through the following aims:
- Recognise, develop and provide opportunities for the highest possible individual academic effort, attainment and achievement across a linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technological, human and social, physical and aesthetic and creative curriculum;
- Ensure pupils have excellent attitudes to school and self, maintaining physical and mental wellbeing;
- Recognise and nurture gifts, talents and success in sports, performing arts, hobbies, interests and other pursuits;
- Ensure excellent facilitative relationships and behaviour between all members of the school family, and beyond into the wider community, for the benefit of all;
- Provide excellent pastoral, spiritual, ethical and moral understanding for boys and girls;
- Maintain small class sizes and school pupil roll, with a semi-selective, inclusive ethos, and meet the academic and pastoral needs of every child;
- Foster an independent, reflective, risk-taking, responsible, aspirant work-ethic;
- Ensure success in achieving ambitious vocational or educational next steps for all pupils;
- Encourage pupils to be economically, environmentally and socially aware.